common situation where you don't know
what to say next
so you give out information in a
confusing manner now what's the reason
behind it it happens when you don't
mentally plan what you need to say and
let me tell you even the best speakers
cannot speak fluently if they don't
mentally plan what they want to say but
then how to mentally plan while
communicating there's no time you know
in writing we get the opportunity to
plan and we can rewrite the message but
speaking doesn't work like that
I say you follow the three question
approach so whenever you get any topics
given to you remember these three
questions in your mind and start talking
about them on start answering them
whenever you're speaking on a topic what
the topic means why it's important and
what are some examples I'm going to use
this particular technique on speaking or
I'll be speaking on the topic listening
and let me show you how it works what
the topic means listening essentially
means so interpreting what the other
person is saying why it's important it's
important to understand people better
its embody for effective communication
without listening it's very difficult to
have a smooth conversation with anyone
what are some examples one example would
be if you're listening to me and you can
interpret what I'm saying correctly then
you're actively listening more examples
could be like my friends they don't want
to listen at all they're bad listen so
that's a bad example for listening even
though we have two ears and one mouth
for some reason people like to talk more
and directly like listen next however if
we talk about a customer service
environment or business environment or a
job interview
we have to listen it's not just about
talking
you have to listen actively so that the
other person also feels important so did you notice how I use these three
since to talk about this particular
topic now if I did not have these three
questions mentally planned then it would
be difficult to speak with the right
with an organized thought flow so that's
why these questions really help you
organize your thoughts lo I've even
given this example in the fluency
section in my book you know to help you
get more fluent and then it's not just
about talking it's also about you need
to team up your the topic that you're
speaking about you need to team it up
with the right intonation energetic and
an expressive tone and the correct rate
of speech let's discuss these in detail
what is intonation intonation is the
rise and fall of your voice while
speaking this is exactly what's going to
make you sound human and not like a
robot to see an intonation pattern it
goes like this you know that's how your
installation battle looks like when
you're speaking like a human being and
not like a robot now the question is how
do you in turn eight very effective
speakers usually follow a very simple
your pattern and these are very common
techniques that people use to intonate
you stress the key word so whenever
you're speaking the most important words
in a conversation you stress them and
that's why certain words will have more
stress than the other and that's going
to make you internet better and then you
don't press the weak word for example to
is though these are not the words that
give you the maximum information so you
don't really stress them however do
pronounce them do not eat them up and
then you drop your pitch at the end of
sentences for example if I'm saying my
name is Li - I would drop my pitch at
the end L say Li - I would not say my
name is Li - and just leave it there you
know without any pitch variation so all
the speakers they drop their pitch
whenever we end a sentence for example
right now I ended up sentence so I
dropped my pitch they also drop their
effective speakers drop their pitch at
the end of open-ended questions - now
open-ended questions are
that give you more information they
usually begin with how why what when
where B whenever you ask this question
you will always get a longer answer
examples have to say how far do you
think you'll go or how effectively do
you think you'll be able to speak so I'm
dropping my pitch at the end of the
open-ended question raise your pitch at
the end of closed-ended questions now
close any questions or questions that
elicit or yes or no answer
means you will either get a yes or a no
from the listener when you ask this
question for example do you like
speaking in English you like coffee so
if this I'm raising my pitch at the end
I'm asking you like coffee and saying
you like coffee or do you want to speak
in English so remember that at the end
of clothes any questions you raise your
page and at the end of sentences that
open-ended questions you drop your pitch
and this is going to help you intonate
better not as intonation even with
choices so effective speakers make sure
that they internet and they use these
simple rules if I have to give a choice
to someone I am going to raise my pitch
at the end of the first two choices and
I will drop my pitch at the end of the
last choice the reason being that when I
raise my pitch at the end of the first
two choices I'm trying to tell the
listener that there's more coming and
when I drop my pitch at the end of the
last choice I'm trying to tell the
listeners that no more options so if I
have to read this particular question I
would say you like tea coffee or milk
shake I'm going to say do you like tea
that uses more coming coffee there's
more coming and milkshake now it ends
there's no more options along with
information you need to team it up with
the right tone let's read this in the
wrong tone first okay for example
someone says I love my book and then you
say oh that's bad news now this is
definitely not the right tone for this
particular statement right so it's very
important to use the right tone in the
right situation if someone thing I lost
my book oh that's
Moo's we do have the right home and
obviously when you're when you're
speaking sort of an audience it's
important to give tone variations make
it funny
make it energetic make it very
professional you can even be serious if
they're discussing something serious but
you have to give a tone variation rate
of punch also needs to be taken care of
I feel really conscious that I say that
is because I myself at times speak
really fast
whoever always ask yourself a question
are you going to visit train in the next
five minutes if not then speak slowly
now in India we have a habit of speaking
a little too fast but we should you know
slow down our rate of speed sometimes
when we listen to native speakers of
English language we feel like they're
speaking fast but let me tell you they
speak pretty slowly you know it will be
the sound or fluid that's why we think
that they're speaking fast the
recommended reading speech is 120 to 150
words per minute so what you need to do
next is you know pickup of any book read
something and try to practice 120 to 150
words per minute
do not speak more than that in a minute
another technique would be if you know
if you are used to reading that means to
the next level
pick up any sweet speech topics use the
three question technique and count the
number of words that you speak in a
minute so you realize if you're speaking
too fast then you will want to slow down
if you're speaking too slow then you'll
want to increase your rate of speech a
bit so while you practice this technique
I'm going to go out hunting for more
techniques for you guys till then enjoy
practicing have a great day bye bye
Comments
Post a Comment